With Valentine’s Day around the corner, everyone is trying to do something special for their partner. If you are also one of them and are thinking of something grand, you must be worried about how to make it special for her. This is also the perfect time to propose to your lady-love.
If you are planning on popping the question and looking for the best proposal ideas and marriage proposal ideas on how to propose to a girl, you have come to the right place. Keep the following things in mind, and it will be smooth sailing for the rest of your life.
Give Her What She Wants
Some women like to have a low key affair, whereas some like it when you go all out. Make sure you know your woman and what she wants. This will make planning more manageable for you and make it a memorable experience for both of you. Because nobody wants to be embarrassed in public, right?
Make Sure You Are Ready
Sometimes you feel like popping the question because everyone around you seems to be doing so. You need to be sure that you are ready.
Make Sure That She Is Ready
If she has given you hints about settling down, then it means that she is expecting a proposal from you soon. However, if you haven’t talked about this, you should maybe consider first hinting at something to see her reaction. It will save you a lot of heartbreak and money.
Do not attempt to do something unexpected for you. You don’t have to change yourself overnight to appeal to her. If she is with you, then it means she likes you for what you are. Be honest, and open. Everyone loves that.
So here are some ideas and best ways to propose accordingly -
- If she isn’t into grand gestures, take her someplace private and quiet. Lead her into believing that it is just a normal dinner and then pop the question at the end.
- If she is the one for the dramatics, then why don’t you go all out and book a live band, or invite all your friends and family over for a surprise? It will make her feel like she is in a movie, and she will love it.
- You can also go the classic way and recreate your first date or your favourite date. Then, when it hits her, she will be stunned.
- If you are overwhelmed or unaware of making it perfect, you can also hire professionals who can help you set up the perfect proposal.
- You can make a video of all the lovely moments in your life and show it to her, at home. Then, end it with a proposal. She would not have seen it coming. All the lovely moments in the video will only make her realise that she has made the right choice by staying with you.
- What about proposing by the beach? Book a vacation under the premise that you want to get away for the weekend, and then pop the question when watching the sunset. It will be private, and the setting will give it the extra charm.
- If you don’t want to propose on Valentine’s Day, pick a special day for both of you. Maybe the first time you went on a date? Do not pick her birthday or anything which is already of immense importance; it is better to create a new special day for both of you.
- If she is the one for adventure, you can go skydiving or rafting and propose to her in the air or in the middle of the river.
- On a similar note, what about taking her to the top of a mountain? Go stargazing, have some beautiful dinner and wine, and propose to her with the stars as a witness. It will be a beautiful moment for sure.
- Start giving her hints, and see if she catches on. Then, when she is close, try to avoid it and act innocent. This can include - making a playlist with wedding-related songs, giving her a promise ring and acting like it’s no big deal, accidentally referring to her as your wife when talking to people. It will excite her, and then when she is convinced that you are playing around, you can simply pop the question and catch her off guard.
- If she has a favourite movie proposal scene, you can recreate it for her and make it a memorable moment for the rest of your life.
- Book a private dining area in a restaurant and take their help in proposing. You can get a live band who can play her favourite song, have them set up a romantic place for you. A word of caution, though, do not try putting the ring in her drink or the dessert; these are old tricks and may not work the way you want.
- Write a letter. If you are shy or want to express it profoundly, do it the old fashioned way. Write a letter and send it to her along with a bouquet. Chivalry is not dead, and neither is romance.
- If you want to take it up a notch, go to her parents formally before proposing to her, and take their permission. It will surely make you appear more credible.
- If you are the one for grand gestures, maybe get a banner made and put in a public place. Then, ask her to casually go out with you on a walk and see her face light up. After all, is she even your girl if she is not the main character in your life?
Hopefully, this blog post will provide you best ways to propose a girl of your choice and dreams. You may choose one of these best proposal ideas or go for something else; it is totally up to you. However, ultimately, the most important thing is to treat her right. Assure her that you are into the idea of marrying her completely. Proposing is merely the beginning; you have to be ready to be there for her and allow her to be there for you.
All the best, gear up for the wedding season now!
You can read some interesting blogs below: